I was one of the lucky few to be invited to attend the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration at Disney World this month. It was an action-packed three days filled with inspiring speakers, once-in-a-lifetime events, fabulous family activities, and gifts galore. It was a great opportunity to learn more about all things Disney as well as to focus on my blog. My family (yes…all of them) came with me and were able to make some memories that will not be forgotten.
In order to give you a quick “snack sized” recap of my top takeaways from the celebration, I thought I’d cull some of the best tweets from the conference portion. It was a great learning experience, one I will always cherish, and I want to share it with you!
Maria’s Top Takeaways from the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration (conference portion)
- Want to know how to get what u want in life? Just. Ask. Via
- There is a place for humility but deep inside you have to believe you are the best at what you do.Via
- You show me your friends, I’ll show you your future. Via
- Seek out the ‘a-ha to the ha-ha’ moment. When you laugh, you let down your guard. Via
- It is hard but I must get more patient with all the questions my kids ask. I want curious kids! [In reaction to
@daynasteele saying the older we get the less questions we ask.]
- If you build it well, they will come. Sloppy doesn’t sell. Via @goodnufmother.
- Businesses should focus on the top 1% of super engaged people. Not the 99%, not the top 20%. 1 percenters will evangelize for you. Via
- If you want to be miserable, keep comparing yourself to others. Via
- Stay in your own lane. Don’t worry about what others have, do, get, etc. Focus on yourself! Via
- If u follow 1 piece of advice from
#disneysmmoms, follow this: If you’re coasting it means you’re going down hill. -Walt Disney Via @Gary_Jerry
This video from Disney World’s social media team says so much about how I feel about Disney. It also is a fabulous example of how to make good videos.
Disclosure: I attended the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration at a discounted cost. All opinions expressed are my own.