Atlantic Station made sure Atlanta got an early start on the holiday season! Skate Atlantic Station is now open! My family and I had fun lacing up the skates and taking some turns around the oval. Sure it’s a little cold, but it is winter people! Put on a coat and maybe some gloves and you’ll be fine!
Skate Atlantic Station, the 10,000-square-foot, open-air ice-skating rink, will be open from now through February 14, 2015. This unique, track-style rink offers a magical winter atmosphere to skaters with lights, holiday décor, and both contemporary and holiday music. It is sure to have you dreaming of a white Christmas. (Wait…snowmaggedon is still too fresh. No white Christmas. NO WHITE CHRISTMAS.)
Check out how well my 6 year old is ice skating!
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- Skate Atlantic Station will take over District Street between 17 1/2th and 18th Streets.
- Wear two pairs of socks or very thick ones to protect feet and legs that aren’t used to ice skating.
- The smallest size skate Skate Atlantic Station carries is size 12. My tall 4.5 year old finally was able to skate this year!
- Admission is $13/adults and $10 for children under five, seniors, and those with a valid military or student ID.
- Be sure to check the hours of the skating rink before you go as they change throughout the week and holiday season.
- This is a warming station with treats, hot chocolate, and souvenirs! Be prepared for the whining if you don’t buy something.
- Don’t rip off your Skate Atlantic Station wrist band. Many retailers around Atlantic Station are offering discounts to those with a wrist band!
For more holiday cheer at Atlantic Station, click here for a full listing of holiday events, including; Santa, Snow Shows and the Annual Tree Lighting! Not close to Atlanta? Check out ice skating rinks in your town for a fun, family event the kids will love!