Dollywood has invited my family to come for a visit! So exciting! We are receiving complimentary accommodations, activities and tickets to help me facilitate a review. Of course, my opinions are always my own. (And I only tell you that because the FTC makes me, not to brag.) We are going to celebrate my husband’s birthday while we are there. In the past, we’ve celebrated as a family at Barnsley Gardens and as a couple at the Hilton Sandestin (with a private plane ride from Southern Airways). And now I can’t wait to experience everything at Dollywood! My husband gives me such great incentive for planning trips! In preparing myself for this trip I learned so much I just didn’t know.
4 Facts About Dollywood:
- Dollywood is situated on 150 acres and hosts 2.5 million visitors each year. This is no little park!
- In 2014, it was named one of the top 3 theme parks in the US by USA Today readers.
- Dollywood is turning 30 years old this year!
- Dollywood is a highly-themed park with emphasis on the Smokey Mountain history and their preservation.
4 Facts About Dollywood’s Splash Country Water Park:
- Dollywood’s Splash Country is a waterpark adjacent to Dollywood.
- Attractions include Tennessee’s first and only water coaster, RiverRush as well as interactive water play areas, speed slides, a lazy river, and more!
- Splash Country is celebrating it’s 15th anniversary this year.
- It is built into the natural terrain of a mountain hollow.
4 Facts About Dollywood’s Smokey Mountain Cabins (where I get to stay):
- Dollywood’s Smokey Mountain Cabins range from 1 to 8 bedrooms and the biggest can accommodate 30 people!
- Cabins are located within a few minutes of Dollywood and Splash Country and 6 miles from the Great Smokey Mountains National Park
- Cabins are fully equipped and are NOT an example of roughing it. Some have whirlpools, game rooms, or indoor spa tubs!
- Cabin guests may purchase a Length of Stay Pass which costs the same as a one-day Dollywood admission ticket but provides unlimited access to Dollywood theme park for the duration of the guest’s cabin stay (maximum of seven days).
I learned that Dollywood is so much bigger than the theme park’s creator, Dolly Parton. It is a destination! Destination Dollywood! And since it’s less than 250 miles from Atlanta, it’s a close one for me and many of you in the Southeast and Midwest. I can’t wait to experience it all and then come back to tell you all about it!