As someone who covers family travel with a passion, I was thrilled to see Visit South Walton as a sponsor for BlogHER, the world’s largest blogging conference. It felt odd flying to Chicago to connect with a neighbor from the South but hey…sometimes that’s what you have to do. I was able to snag a coveted invite to the Visit South Walton “white” party and hoped to be able to learn more about the destination and why families should head down to Northwest Florida. And learn I did!
I learned that South Walton is:
- Has the #1 beach on Earth for families (Seaside) as voted on by Travel + Leisure magazine readers
- Less than a 6 hour drive from Atlanta. (Closer than Disney!)
- has 16 beaches,meaning there is a beach for every taste…from vibrant to remote.
- If the Visit South Walton people are any indication, those who live there are friendly, down-to-Earth, and down right fun.
- One place my family and I need to visit…stat.
Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post nor was I asked to write it. I just wanted you to know about it! Oh, and I did win the painting as part of a giveaway from the BlogHER party.