Staying in Atlanta this Labor Day weekend? Visiting from out of town (or just OTP)? There is a TON of activities to enjoy for the whole family. Be prepared for
a little a lot of traffic, some crowds downtown, and perhaps an afternoon rain storm and just go out and have a good time! Want to make it a weekend? The Omni Hotel at CNN Center is over great deals this weekend with rates as low as $109! Here are ten Labor Day activities you don’t want to miss:
1) SEC or ACC? If you’re a fan of the Crimson Tide or the Hokies, sport your team’s colors at the Tech Tailgate or Bama Bash before heading to the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game, and see the rivalry in action at Tailgate Town.
2) For diehard fans, be sure to check out the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game FanZone at the Georgia World Congress Center before the game for some free swag and to see the official team walks.
3) Calling all Coca-Cola enthusiasts – Fan Days at the World of Coca-Cola are now through Sept. 3. Buy your tickets here and receive $3 off general admission to get a glimpse inside the world’s #1 brand and see what the fizz is all about. Only $13 tickets for adults and $9 for kids.
4) Take a trip down to the Ted (Turner Field for all you visitors) to watch the Atlanta Braves take on the Miami Marlins at home Friday through Sunday. Be sure to pay attention during the game to try to win World of Coca-Cola tickets and other prizes by playing the Ticket Tank and Spin Man at Saturday’s game.
5) See science fiction and fantasy literally come to life at Dragon*Con, where storm troopers, Star Trek fanatics and all manner of costumed adults from around the world will invade downtown.
6) Rock out on at the free Kickoff Concert in Centennial Olympic Park with performances by Uncle Kracker and Sheryl Crow.
7) If you’re a fan of fins and flippers, visit the Georgia Aquarium for a discounted price during Fan Days.
8) NASCAR more your speed? Zoom over to Atlanta Motor Speedway for the Advocare 500 where drivers take part in the Labor Day NASCAR Night Race Weekend.
|Check out the Stone Mountain Lasershow!|
9) Maybe Dragon*Con isn’t for you but you still want to dress up. Then put on your super hero costume and race for a good cause at the Action Dash 5K in Piedmont Park, where proceeds will help Action Ministries stop poverty in Georgia.
10) Visit Stone Mountain for a Labor Day Weekend celebration including the Lasershow Spectacular in Mountainvision and special fireworks displays.
What will you do this Labor Day weekend?