|I HATE before pictures.|
I had a good summer. I ate and drank and was merry…a little too much of all of those things. So now that the kids are back in school, I decided to take the time to refocus on my health. I need to focus on getting back to my pre-baby weight. I am done breastfeeding and the baby is now 15 months so I definitely have no more “but I just had a baby” excuses. It always seems daunting to get on a new exercise and healthy eating program but I realized I had several tools at my disposal that I wasn’t using. What if I used all of them to help me lose weight? What if I buckled down for four short weeks? What if I could get back into my skinny jeans this Fall? What would it be like if I wasn’t afraid to try?
So this is me…trying. I am doing a crazy weight loss program. It’s called “Eat less. Move more.” Crazy right? Here are the tools I’m using to help me lose weight.
1. Fitbit Aria scale by Verizon. My good friends at Verizon sent me this scale to check out. It is scary (at least to me) to step on a scale and get an accurate number. But it can also be liberating. And this digital, wifi-enabled scale will keep me accountable. I linked it to my wifi and my fitbit.com account and it automatically sends each weight measurement to my account. It also measures my body fat percentage and my BMI. Whoa. So glad I’m going to see those numbers go down!
2. Fitbit activity tracker. I got this tracker nearly 3 years ago, but I pulled it out, dusted it off, and will use it to track how much activity I’m really getting in a day. It measures steps taken and even how much sleep I am getting. My goal is 10,000 steps each day. That seems a lot. But I’m a big believer that anything you measure improves so I’m going to try my best. I can also track
3. Dietbet.com. This great website lets me “bet” on myself. I plunked down my $30 (along with 860 other people in my game) to bet that I can lose 4% of my body weight in 4 weeks. If I do, I’ll get to split the pot with all the other winners. I will not lose my money. I will win! Gulp.
4. Myfitnesspal.com. This great FREE app is the way I track my food. It keeps me accountable by making sure I know how many calories are in every bite I eat. I know when I can splurge and when I need to rein it in. I like that it can give me the calorie count for just about any food I can think of to eat. I can also input my cardio workouts so I can see how many calories I actually burned. I can connect myfitnesspal.com account with my fitbit.com account so my weight, food, and activities are all in onw place.
5. The YMCA. I have been a member of the Y for years. It is a great place to workout and they offer free childcare with my membership so I have no excuse for not working out. I love taking Zumba classes, walking the track, and running on the treadmill (while watching Dr. Phil). Considering I use my membership about three days a week, it is a deal for me. This next four weeks I expect to be in there even more often!
What are your weight loss tools? Any tips you can pass on to me? And please check back as I will let you follow along on my progress!
Disclosure: I am not getting compensated by any of these companies. I did receive a Fitbit Area Scale for review but everything else I paid for or is already free. All opinions are my own.