I’ve got your V-Day plans right here! Enter here to win a pair of tickets to see Alvin Ailey in Atlanta for the most romantic, beautiful and inspiring Valentine’s Day date night ever!
I always, ALWAYS look forward to this time of year when I can see Alvin Ailey in Atlanta at the Fabulous Fox Theatre. The performers are so athletic and powerful. They stir my soul. But Alvin Ailey is not just another dance company. Sure these dancers are some of the best performers in the business but it is more than that. These dances will move you. They will elicit emotions you didn’t think you’d feel. There really is no better option for a romantic Valentine’s Day option than seeing Alvin Ailey in Atlanta. And I’ve got two tickets so one lucky reader can attend this event for free!
Atlanta audiences will be able to enjoy a wide range of choreographic masterpieces that give Ailey’s extraordinary dancers even more ways to inspire. The Valentine’s Day program includes the following.
“A NIGHT TO LOVE” PROGRAM
- Stack-Up, Talley Beatty’s dynamic work set to 1970s beats, depicting the emotional “traffic” in a community that is stacked on top of each other – returning to the repertory in celebration of Beatty’s centennial.
- The Winter in Lisbon (excerpt), a duet from Billy Wilson’s lively tribute to jazz musician legend Dizzy Gillespie.
- Ella, Robert Battle’s tour-de-force duet celebrating the centennial of Ella Fitzgerald’s birth, set to her virtuosic scatting.
- Shining Star (excerpt), a duet from David Parsons’ ballet that celebrates a deep and lasting love, set to music by Earth, Wind & Fire, and performed by Ailey stars and real-life love-birds Linda Celeste and Glenn Allen Sims.
- Revelations, Alvin Ailey’s signature must-see American masterpiece.
Win Two Tickets to Alvin Ailey in Atlanta Valentine’s Day Performance
One lucky reader will win a pair of tickets to the February 14th peformance to see Alvin Ailey Dance Company perform at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta. The giveaway will run through February 12th. Tickets will be available at will call the night of the performance.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Can’t make it Valentine’s Day night? No problem. There are several other wonderful performances during the Alvin Ailey performance run.
Full Alvin Ailey in Atlanta 2018 Engagement Programming:
Wednesday, Feb. 14 at 8 p.m. A NIGHT TO LOVE – Stack-Up / The Winter in Lisbon (excerpt), Ella, Shining StaR (excerpt)/Revelations
Thursday, Feb. 15 at 8 p.m. Episodes / The Golden Section, Cry / Revelations
Friday, Feb. 16 at 8 p.m. MLK 50: CELEBRATING THE LEGACY – r-Evolution, Dream. / Shelter, The Hunt /Revelations
Saturday, Feb. 17 at 2 p.m. FAMILY MATINEE – Episodes / The Golden Section, Cry / Revelations
*followed by post-performance Q&A with dancers
Saturday, Feb. 17 at 8 p.m. Stack-Up / Mass, In/Side / Ella, Revelations
Sunday, Feb. 18 at 3 p.m. Stack-Up / Mass, In/Side / Ella, Revelations
Join the world-renowned Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater for their 2018 engagement in Atlanta, as they celebrate the human spirit and inspire all people through dance.