I had the pleasure of attending Media Day for the opening of Hurricane Harbor at Six Flags Over Georgia this week. I received free tickets for my family but my opinions are always my own. And my opinion is that Hurricane Harbor is one awesome family attraction!
Hurricane Harbor, the largest expansion in Six Flags Over Georgia‘s 47-year history, boasts four new water attractions, including the world’s first hybrid zero-gravity slide, spans seven acres and is free with admission to Six Flags Over Georgia. Check out this video of Hurricane Harbor at Six Flags Over Georgia in action:
Hurricane Harbor includes:
- The world’s first hybrid zero-gravity slide, Tsunami Surge, will send thrill-seekers down five stories through an enclosed tube to the splash pool waiting below. It’s like a Six Flags Over Georgia roller coaster…but just on water.
- The 38,000 square foot wave pool, Calypso Bay, with two massive wave generators to create four foot waves in eight different wave patterns to mimic the high surf of the ocean.
- Three unique water slides on top of a 41 foot tower at Bonzai Pipelines which propel guests barreling down through 180- and 360-degree curves.
- A children’s water playground, Paradise Island, encompassing an entire acre of Hurricane Harbor with six water slides, multiple water buckets dumping about 2,000 gallons of water and hundreds of interactive water elements such as water blasters, sprayers, fountains, water wheels and pumps.
- 11 relaxing cabanas with private entrance to the Calypso Bay wave pool and food service availability. Cabanas also come with a water-stocked mini-fridge, comfortable lounge chairs, and shade! They can be reserved on-site for the day for $150 on a first come, first served basis.
Hurricane Harbor at Six Flags Over Georgia also features a beach- themed restaurant with window service, several retail locations, bathhouses with changing facilities, locker rentals, tube rentals and lounging chairs to sit back and enjoy the summer sun (or hide from it under one of the many umbrellas).
Six Flags Over Georgia is now open daily through August 10. Tickets start at $39.99 online, kids 2 and under are free. Have fun!