I recently was given a complimentary membership to Life Time and this gym is giving me life. LIFE! It is more than just a gym though…it sounds corny but it is really a way of life. I can see how I could get used to the luxe life here. From top of the line equipment to a plethora of heart pumping classes to a childcare center my kids don’t want to leave, there is much to love at Life Time. I’ve visited two different Life Time facilities and they are equally awesome. Having spent a couple weeks at the LifeTime Athletic – Atlanta location has led me to discover some secrets. Here’s what you don’t know about Life Time that moms especially will appreciate.
- Kids play programs are included in membership. The Child Center at Life Time is amazing. And then I found out that they offer Play programs like yoga, basketball, and cycling which are included in the membership. Just find the schedule at your club and show up! My daughter really got into the yoga today.
- Parents Night Out is offered twice a month. Now you can plan your date nights and not have to fight every family in your neighborhood for the one “good” sitter. Rates at the Atlanta club were $20/child for four hours and includes dinner. And the kids get to have a ball!
- Locker rooms are everything! These are easily some of the nicest locker rooms of any gym I’ve ever used. Steam room, sauna, private showers and changing areas, and all the products you may need to get yourself back together after a workout.
- There’s a spa. So I can work out, shower, get a blowout and a pedicure all under one roof? AND use the childcare facility? Yes…at the LifeSpa. At Life Time Athletic – Atlanta there is also a Medi Spa for all your filler, laser hair removal, and medical peel needs. (And yes, they have an actual physician on staff.)
- Non-members can use spa and come to some events! So you thought you had to be a member to use everything? Nope. Non-members are welcome to partake in spa services and come to events like Parents Night Out or other family events. However, for events, non-members do pay a bit higher fee. (Parents Night Out in Atlanta for non-members is $25/child). So why not give it a try?
- They have squash. I was mesmerized watching two guys play squash at Life Time over the weekend. All I kept thinking about is how many calories they must be burning. That is one fast-moving, cardio-based sport. I think I might try out one of the Squash for Beginners classes and try my hand at it. It’s kind of like tennis, right?
- There are outdoor relaxation areas. This is much more than just a place to work out. It’s a place to come in and relax and recenter yourself too. Sometimes I just need a few minutes of quiet and I love that there are little nooks in this building to find that peace.
I am truly enjoying my membership at Life Time. It’s been fun exploring the club and learning more about it. Think it sounds like a place you’d like to check out for yourself? Get a FREE pass to explore for yourself.