Disclosure: My family and I were given a complimentary behind-the-scenes tour and admission to the Georgia Aquarium in order to tell readers about our experience. All opinions are my own.
My family and I love the Georgia Aquarium. It is an educational experience as well as am interactive and entertaining one as well. My kids are always amazed at the Oceans Voyager wall of fish. They loved the new Deepo’s Chatroom and even asked the 3-D “fish” a question. And of course they can’t leave the Aquarium without seeing the AT&T Dolphin Tales show. They now even love touching the fish in the hands-on experience. But before last week they had never seen the behind-the-scenes side of the Georgia Aquarium. And now we all have a new respect, and perspective, on this fun Atlanta attraction.
We enjoyed the view at the top of the world’s largest exhibit (Ocean Voyager, presented by Home Depot), and observed the world’s largest fish, the whale shark, as it swims literately just a few feet away. We learned firsthand what it takes to support and run the largest exhibit in the world while viewing the incredible Ocean Voyager filtration system. And we even got to see the veterinary clinic and commissary where the Georgia Aquarium workers care for their animals and prepare their food. And the cute little African penguins in the Correll Center Animal Care Suite were a hit with my crew.
- Behind-the-scenes tours start at $15/person (over the regular price of admission)
- The tour guide will arrive 10 minutes before the tour start time. All tours leave on time. Guests arriving up to 10 minutes late will be escorted to join the rest of the tour already in progress. No refunds will be issued for missing part or all of a tour.
- All tours can be booked by individuals or by a group.
- No high heels allowed on the tour.
- Tours will not exceed 15 people.
- Payment in full required at the time of booking. Booking can be made by calling the Georgia Aquarium call center at 404-581-4444 or at the ticket window. Find information here.
- There are no refunds for no-shows.
- Date changes must be made at least 24 hours before the scheduled time of the tour.
- All tours are subject to change due to medical procedures or other unforeseen circumstances.
- No food or drink is allowed on the tour.