Yes, I still love LEGOS. Even though I step on them in my bare feet. Even though the one tiny lost Darth Vadar helmet causes me to tear apart the house looking for it. Even though we only have one Wyldstyle minifigure and all three boys want it and the fight that ensues may threaten the start of World War III. Yup…I still love LEGOS.
And my kids and I are not alone in this obsession. Starting this month, the LEGO building begins on Netflix, with the launch of two new shows: LEGO Bionicle and LEGO Friends. I really appreciate the fact that there are LEGO orientated shows on Netflix for both boys and girls. And to be clear, both of these shows can be enjoyed by both girls and boys. I think they compliment each other.
The launch of these two Netflix shows this month got me to thinking about how much I love LEGOS for my kids. Here are 9 reasons I love LEGOS. Maybe you feel the same way? Or have other reasons you love them? Do share.
9 Reasons I Love LEGOS
- They can keep the kids busy for hours. Hours!
- They grow with the kids. Kits that were very difficult for my 7 year old last year are now a piece of cake, yet he can still use his creativity and add things on or make something new.
- LEGOS inspire creativity in my kids.
- I love listening in on the conversations the kids have with their LEGO minifigures. These cute exchanges can tell you a lot about what the kids are thinking.
- All my kids can play with LEGOS. The older ones can do more things with them, but it is something that they all enjoy and can get into.
- LEGOS are portable. Sure they might get lost in the car or thrown at a sister, but they are easy to take with us when we travel.
- The bright colors help me teach my 3 year old colors. Yes I could use flash cards but LEGO bricks are so much more fun.
- While some LEGO sets can be quite expensive, there are plenty of cool sets my kids love for under $20.
- LEGOS remind me that my kids are only little for a short time. There may come a time when watching LEGO shows on Netflix or going to LEGOLAND or playing quietly on the floor will not be something my kids will want to do. So until then, I’m going to soak up all the LEGO little kid magic that I can.
When your kids need a break from LEGO world domination the LEGO shows on Netflix are the perfect distraction. They get your kids’ creative side active while also entertaining them for 23 minutes (or maybe longer…I won’t judge). Plus, these shows may give your kids some more ammunition for building worlds and having new storylines for their minifigures.
More information on LEGO Bionicle on Netflix
Six legendary heroes find themselves on an epic quest as they harness the power of nature’s elements to defeat the forces of evil. Season 1 is streaming now!
More on LEGO Friends on Netflix
Five best friends face adventures side by side in their hometown. Zany antics, love and missteps are better with friends! Season 1 is streaming now!