Let me be clear, there’s not one right answer to this question. I don’t work for Disney or the PR companies that help put on this amazing event for social media influencers. I just know what I did and what my friends did and I can pass on some of that information to you. But obviously I can’t guarantee you a coveted invite. However, even if you don’t get invited, I still think doing the things on this list could help you become a better blogger or possibly just more influential (which may help you snag a ticket in the future).
Curious about what Disney Social Media Moms even is? Check out my post “What is Disney Social Media Moms“. Want to know why you should care about it? Take a quick read of “7 Reasons You Should Want to go to Disney Social Media Moms“. And for the final installment in this Disney Social Media Moms trilogy of information…five tips to help you get invited!
- Follow the right people on twitter. Staying up-to-date on Disney news and information is fun and informational and can give you some great content for your blog. Follow @DisneyParks as well as @DisneyMoms. Other accounts to follow include Leanne O’Regan (@), @, @, @, and @. It can’t hurt to get on their radar via Twitter. Follow the #DisneySMMoms hashtag to see what others are saying about Disney and the conference.
- Write about Disney. Now you don’t have to devote your blog to all things Disney, but maybe you include some things that are Disney-specific. And no matter what your niche is, there is always something Disney to write about. Even if you’ve never been to the parks, there are tons of information to share. Check out Disney.com if you need a little inspiration.
- Show the world your #DisneySide. Check out the #DisneySide page for some super cute photos and videos of families all over the world showing off their #DisneySide. Think about getting social with it and adding some of your own. Need inspiration? Check out the DisneySide Celebration page. And be on the look out for information about hosting your very own #DisneySide party with kids straight from Disney!
- Join MomSelect. Now this is just my own opinion and it might not help you get an invite but at worst joining MomSelect will connect you to a banging brand-to-mom marketing firm, BSM Media. Run by the fabulous Maria Bailey (@MomTalkRadio on Twitter), they offer a number of opportunities to earn money and products from many companies including Disney. Since they help put on the Disney Social Media Moms celebration, it makes sense that it would be a good idea to get on their radar. FYI, they also helped put on the #BeachesMoms Social Media Conference on the Sand in Turks and Caicos last year. Yeah…you need to make their acquaintance.
- Build your blog. This is something you do have control over. Spend time making sure your blog is as good as it can be. Work on increasing your unique monthly visitors and social media followers. Focus on up’ing your Klout score. Make connections with other bloggers who have similar niches and are on the Disney radar. Be the best YOU you can be. Want help? I recommend Krizzy Designs. She is stellar with redesigns!
While I may not have all the answers I think this is a good start for bloggers who want to get an invite to Disney Social Media Moms Celebration. One other tip, if you don’t get invited, do NOT get mad about it. At least don’t get mad and show it on social media. Be gracious. Be happy for those who did get selected. Be a good person about it. Nobody likes a sore loser. And the only Grumpy that gets any play at Disney is a dwarf.
Want to read more about the awesomeness of past Disney Social Media Moms Celebrations? Check out this link up at 5minutesformom.com.