I had the pleasure of being one of four bloggers invited to experience the White Rabbit Cottage in Marietta, Georgia. We were given a gift card and allowed to explore the store so we can tell our readers about this great find in our local community, but also about the importance of shopping local. (For all my Atlanta friends, scroll down for a giveaway to experience the White Rabbit Cottage for yourself!)
1. No one else will give your gift. Local stores are able to curate unique items that could be just perfect for you. Your gift will be that much more special because not everyone has seen it already. The White Rabbit Cottage had so many treasures around every corner it was really difficult to pick only a few.
2. Personalized service. Local shops are able to offer the kind of service you pray for at the big box stores. Want a recommendation? Need a different Size? Looking for something hard to find? Local stores can help you out! The White Rabbit even offered free gift wrapping!
3. Good prices. Local stores offer items at every price point. I’ve found prices at local stores are actually very competitive. I found some fantastic hostess gifts at the White Rabbit Cottage starting at only $6.
4. It helps YOUR economy. Shopping local means more money stays in your community. That money helps the shop owner but in turn also helps businesses around it. Shopping local means small business owners can get a bigger piece of the proverbial economic pie.
5. You are seen as a good gift giver. Everyone likes a good gift giver. She is the girl who always shows up with an item that is unique and special and beautifully wrapped. And every gift had a story behind it. A good gift giver gets invited to ALL. THE. PARTIES and snags the best play date invitations. I am trying to be that girl. I want to be a good gift giver! I was able to buy gifts for two friends, a gift exchange, a hostess gift, and one for a gift swap I’m doing with another blogger. (And I got all of that for $53!) Crossing my fingers that I get elevated to good gift giver status!