A date night is always a good idea. Always. After 8 (short) years of marriage I’ve learned that a date night is a good idea when…
- You’re mad at him.
- You’re more in love than ever.
- You are super busy.
- You are in an everyday boring rut.
- You have lots of little kids running around.
- You have older kids who don’t seem to need you.
A date night is important when..
- You feel like you can’t talk to your spouse.
- You are bursting with things to share.
- You are sad.
- You are overjoyed and ready to celebrate.
- You are a newlywed.
- You have been married forever.
- You are on the brink of divorce.
A date night is for..
- Forgiving and forgetting and moving on.
In a marriage, love is often spelled T-I-M-E. A date night can be a way of connecting or reconnecting with your spouse and showing that you are willing to put the time into the relationship. It forces you to make your partner and your marriage a priority. A date night gives both of you a forced opportunity for one on one interaction that is sometimes tough to get with kids, work, and life in general pulling moms and dads in separate directions. Use a date night to have fun, discuss an issue that happened that week, dream about your future, or maybe just laugh at a goofy movie…together. Yes, a date night is ALWAYS a good idea. Why don’t you have one planned?