I had the pleasure of receiving complimentary passes to check out Atlanta’s newest ice skating rink, Skate Atlantic Station, the 10,000 square foot open-air ice skating rink. The free passes didn’t influence my opinion of the attraction though. It is an awesome addition to the Live-Work-Play community of Atlantic Station. Rather large, for Atlanta standards, and with so much else going on at Atlantic Station, Skate Atlantic Station is a great addition to the community.
Here are some tips for families thinking of going to Skate Atlantic Station.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- They don’t have ice skates in anything smaller than size 12. This means most kids under 5 would not be able to rent skates. My three year old was rather sad that he wasn’t able to skate.
- Go early in the day. Skate Atlantic Station opens at 3pm or 4pm. If you’re going with kids, try to go early on before all the cute, hipster couples get out there.
- Bring quarters for the lockers to lock up your purse and anything else.
- Try to have one adult per one non-skater. It was rough for me to try to manage two at one time by myself.
- Want a coupon? Text “Skate” to 34763 to receive a coupon for $3 off and other holiday promotions. (Tickets are $13/adult and $10 for children under 5, seniors, military, and college students.)