As a new mom (again) myself, I thought I’d help all those Dads and grandparents and friends of other new moms with some good gift ideas. Women who just had a baby deserve some pretty nice presents. The key for any gift is the thought behind it. So make sure there is one!
Some of my favorite things to give new moms is a gift bag of things they may not know they need but will definitely use. Going through the new mom thing 4 times now, I get it. A basket of Aveeno baby products is a favorite. A lot of babies deal with eczema, dry skin, and/or cradle cap. Aveeno is great for all these issues, can be used on sensitive skin and still smells good. Plus the products for mom are great too. The Positively Radiant daily moisturizer evens out my skin tone and helps with the dryness winter brings. I may not be able to fit into my skinny jeans but my skin can look good!
Here is a list of other good gift ideas:
- Chocolate. She just gave birth for heaven’s sake. Give her the good stuff.
- A Starbuck’s gift card. Make sure you include that you’ll watch the baby for an hour so she can get a real coffee break.
- A journal. New moms have so many emotions swirling through their bodies at any given time, an having a journal, even to write a sentence or two each day, will be priceless later on.
- Clothes in her pre-pregnancy size. Don’t be mean.
- Wine. Even if she’s not nursing, wine is just not useful.
- Bath salts. A bath? Really? When will she have time for that?